Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lucky

As we returned to the car after an unusually happy dinner, I was struck for a moment by how incredibly lucky I am. And then my third child ran into me at top speed, knocking my smart phone out of my hand, up into the air, and smack face down on the road.

That same phone has hit the ground many times before. Sometimes completely naked, this time in the safety vest highly recommended by the *genius* hipster in the blue shirt with fruit insignia.

I picked the phone off the ground and found that my beautiful (dirty) screen was now completely shattered. And I wondered (as did my husband) if anybody else on the planet had a worse track record when it came to killing electronic devices than me. 

It all started in 1999 with the Palm Pilot that I placed carefully on top of the car as I strapped my new baby into his seat. And then drove off. You can guess the rest. 

Tomorrow my new(ish) refurbished smart phone will arrive. I shall dress it lovingly in its safety vest and my husband will make sure that all the paperwork is in order. We now buy the best insurance available every time we get another device and then pray that I break it inside the window. I usually succeed.

Lucky.


2 comments:

  1. I once drove along a freeway for about 30 mins with an iPad on the roof of my car. It survived...lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. That is beyond lucky!Plus so something that I would do.

      Delete