Tuesday, January 1, 2013

If I could walk 10,000 steps ...

Yes, I am living the cliche. January 1 and the 2013 health kick is in motion. To that end I have committed to 10,000 steps per day all recorded with frightening accuracy by my fancy pedometer which reports on me to my computer ... so there is no escape.

10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs and 5 miles are my daily goals. One of the unexpected benefits of this approach is that the loathsome work of picking up around the house can be looked at a little more positively as it all counts and on clean-up days I really do clock a lot more steps.

I am going to avoid boring diet talk on this blog because I know (and get why) it pisses people off for lots of good reasons ... and really it is just incredibly uninteresting to everybody but myself. But I will say that I have set myself some ambitious goals this year in what I shall euphemistically call the health department and the good news is that I know when I make a very specific conscious effort in these areas I feel better in all respects.

I am taking a Heart, Mind, Body approach, something a wise aunt once suggested to me (and she knows who she is). I am pretty good at nourishing my mind and my family give me lots of heart ... but even in these areas there is more work to do.

Now I am off to locate and plug in my somewhat neglected cross trainer as I have another 1700 steps to take today, plus some pages to read and small children to cuddle to sleep.


Wishing you all a year that is everything you want it to be.

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2013, Michelle. I wish you whatever you call success in achieving your euphemistically termed goals :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am walking that fine line between maintaining some level of privacy, being honest and not boring the socks off everybody. I shall report back as the year goes on, perhaps with some brand new euphemisms x

      Delete