Sunday, January 3, 2016

Best Books 2015

These are just some of my personal favorites from 2015. I could easily include another five but my list is already longer than the standard Top 10 so I will stop torturing myself and hit publish.

Best Books (published in 2015)
Fiction

Mia Alvar, In the Country (short stories)
Elisa Albert, After Birth
Lauren Groff, Fates and Furies
Mirielle Juchau, The World Without Us
Sofie Laguna, The Eye of the Sheep
Edan Lepucki, California
Priya Parmar, Vanessa and Her Sister
Emily St. John Mandel, Station Eleven
Miriam Toews, All My Puny Sorrows
Anne Tyler, A Spool of Blue Thread
Hanya Yanagihara, A Little Life

Memoir

Mary-Louise Parker, Dear Mr. You
Vivian Gornick, The Odd Woman and the City

And some pre-2015 books that I really enjoyed this year

Akhil Sharma, Family Life
Emma Healey, Elizabeth is Missing
Susan Minot, Thirty Girls
Elizabeth Strout, Olive Kitteridge
Kim Thuy, Man

No comments:

Post a Comment